Kimchi Rice is life!
- 1 ½ tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup napa cabbage kimchi roughly chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice, preferably cold leftovers
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon neutral oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat. Add the oil, garlic, and kimchi and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, gochujang paste, oyster sauce, and half of the scallions. Use the back of a wooden spoon to break up the rice, tossing and stirring the mixture.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the rice is hot. Add the remaining scallions, sesame seeds, and the sesame oil. Then stir the rice to incorporate. Taste the rice and season with salt and pepper if needed. Set aside while you fry the eggs.
- Heat a small pan over medium high heat for 3 minutes. Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Pour 1 tablespoon neutral oil into the pan and swirl to coat.
- Gently pour the eggs into the pan and cook for 1 and 30 seconds. Cover with a lid and continue to cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until the whites are just set but the yolks are still soft and liquid.
- Top rice with fried eggs and serve immediately.